BLE Locking has had a great year and we thought we’d share our journey so far.
At the beginning of the year, we made big changes in the company – we got a new CEO who has been successful in various start-ups. In this connection, the board of the company also changed. These changes gave our company and team a fresh perspective that really carried us through the year.
Customer base has increased by 169%
The biggest change was the rebuilding of the BLE Locking application. The app was built on a new platform to ensure its efficiency and reliability. With this change, our customer satisfaction improved by 67%.
Along with these changes, we saw the need for an in-house development team that we started to grow and will keep growing in the coming months.
In the last quarter of the year, we moved to a new cloud platform – AWS. They are the largest infrastructure providers in the world. AWS enables rapid scaling, thanks to which we are in a secure infrastructure and can use the latest technologies.
The biggest changes of the year in terms of functionality have been:
- Support for multiple accesses (e.g., digital key, PIN and RFID all in use at the same time).
- Remote opening – the user can open their door from a distance. Even from another country if needed, as long as their device supports it and is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Web Admin (admin.blelocking.com) – an additional platform for managing access rights
- Partner API – through APIs, we enable our customers to automate access management and integrate the BLE Locking solution into their processes
- Rule-based firmware – a rule-based solution allows us to offer customers a customized solution without high development costs.
In addition, we have been busy forming partnerships with different companies that have added a lot of value on our journey and continue to do so.
Our customer base has increased by 169%, which really shows that people are moving more and more from physical keys to digital ones, and nothing makes us happier. To compare with customers that are using PIN codes and RFID cards, the digital key portion out of all access options is 89%.
Last, but not least, we moved to a new office in October to be part of the center of Tallinn, Estonia.
A lot has happened this year and we are looking forward to a great new year. We have big plans and can’t wait to share more with you when the time is right.
Yours, BLE Locking team